The CLS Bulletin was founded in 1935. Its editors were Samuel Morris Rich (editor from 1935 to 1948) and H.G Smith (from 1948 to 1972). In 1973 Basil Willey established the new series with the slightly revised title, The Charles Lamb Bulletin. Among the contributors to the original series were Edmund Blunden, Kathleen Coburn, Helen Darbishire, Robert Gittings, Earl Leslie Griggs, Geoffrey Keynes, Aubrey Noakes, Claude Prance, Arthur Quiller-Couch, Frank Swinnerton, and Geoffrey Tillotson. All 216 issues of the original series of the Bulletin have been digitized below.
We are currently in the process of digitizing the new series. However, it is important to note that all issues published within the last five years will not be available online: for information on how to subscribe to the Bulletin please click here.
OLD SERIES, 1939-1972
NEW SERIES, 1973-PRESENT143 (July 2008)
142 (April 2008)
141 (January 2008)